BIIAB Level 1 Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing
It is essential that staff who are authorised to sell alcohol have a sound knowledge and understanding of the law and of the responsibilities associated with this activity under the Licensing Act 2003. This Award, provides training in the legal background to licensing law in England and Wales, the importance of not serving alcohol to those who are under age or who are already drunk and the consequences if the law is breached and an understanding of the mandatory conditions under which licensed premises operate.
The ARAR meets an industry-wide need to demonstrate commitment to responsible alcohol retailing by covering topics that include:
- The nature of alcohol and the effect it has on the human body
- The main points of the Licensing Act 2003 as they relate to alcohol retailers and servers
- Licensing law and the protection of children from harm
- The social responsibilities associated with the retail sale of alcohol
- How to recognise drunkenness, and an individual’s duty not to serve drunk customers
- How licensed premises can help to prevent or eliminate alcohol-related crime and conflict
- The importance of personal safety.
E-assessment is becoming the accepted assessment method for multiple-choice examinations, offering a faster and flexible alternative to traditional paper based testing. The workbook sent to you via email at the time of booking, is written in an easy-to-follow method and contains all the information needed to pass the exam.
- You study with the workbooks at your own pace and schedule. Your examination can coincide with the end of your planned study time.
- Examinations can take place Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.
- You can book your examination session as little as five working days in advance of the day you wish to sit – subject to availability.
- Greater choice and flexibility of examination centre – there are more than 80 centres throughout the UK.
- Speed of results – you are given your result as you leave the examination centre.
- User friendly ‘point and click’ system, with a practice session available to familiarise you with the technology before you embark upon the examination.
- It is extremely easy to use
An exam in two parts
• Section one: Three questions: pass mark 100%
• Section two: 22
The exam covers all aspects of the law and social responsibilities in relation to the sale of alcohol to the public.